100 Reasons Why I'm Voting for Biden in 2024 (and not Trump)
I challenged myself to find 100 reasons to vote for Joe Biden in 2024. It was pretty easy
This post isn’t going to change the mind of the MAGA members. It’s for people who are undecided for the 2024 Presidential election. I challenged myself to document at least 100 reasons why I’ll vote for Biden (again) in 2024.
1: Joe Biden is not Republican
The Republican party of 2023 has more in common with the Taliban than it does the American people. I wish this were an exaggeration.
2. Joe Biden is an effective President
In spite of the deeply divisive political atmosphere, Joe Biden’s administration has passed more important legislation that benefits us today and generations to come:
Passed: Inflation Reduction Act
Passed: Bipartisan Safer Communities Act, CHIPS and Science Act
Passed: Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, American Rescue Plan (ARP)
Passed: Promise to Address Comprehensive Toxics (PACT) Act
Passed: Postal Service Reform Act
Passed: Respect for Marriage Act, the reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act
Marjorie Taylor Greene even agrees:
“...Now LBJ had the Great Society, but Joe Biden had Build Back Better, and he still is working on it, the largest public investment in social infrastructure and environmental programs that is actually finishing what FDR started, that LBJ expanded on, and Joe Biden is attempting to complete…”
3. Joe Biden is a good person
Just ask his good friend Lindsay Graham. "He's as good a man as God has ever created," says his friend Senator Lindsey Graham.
4. Joe Biden isn't racist
This should be an official prerequisite to be the President of one of the most racially/culturally diverse nations. Vox documented Trump's long history of being a racist.
5. Biden isn't an authoritarian
Biden respects the rights/responsibilities of each branch of government. Trump says he will terminate the Constitution and, “only on the first day”, be a dictator. So funny.
6. Joe Biden isn't a fascist
Biden is a constitution loving grandpa. Former President Donald Trump repeated lavish praise of global leaders during an interview with Fox News’s Tucker Carlson which aired Tuesday evening..
Here's Robert Reich's definition of fascism to illustrate.
7. Joe Biden confronts real problems
Trump is still looking for Hillary's emails and the GOP is fighting WOKE and persecuting Hunter Biden’s laptop. None of these problems are killing our kids or improving the lives of any Americans.
Biden has passed legislation addressing real problems that affect Americans TODAY. Firearms are the leading cause of deaths for kids ages 1-19. Climate change is devastating cities across the country. Health care costs continue to rise.
8. Joe Biden does the hard stuff
Like getting us out of Afghanistan. 20 years and $2 trillion later, the Taliban own their country again and Al Queda still exists. Trump said he would get the US out of Afghanistan immediately after his inauguration. He never did.
Before he left office, Trump tried to bring the Taliban, THE TALIBAN, to Camp David, to negotiate a peace deal. He excluded the official government of Afghanistan in his dealings and worked exclusively with the group that helped/hid Osama Bin Laden after 9/11.
Biden did the brave thing and extricated the US. 13 US soldiers died when ISIS attacked the airport during the evacuations. No US soldiers have died since, afaik. Nearly 319,000 Americans could have avoided death from COVID if it had been handled responsibly.
9. Joe Biden’s leadership is stable
Good leaders attract and retain capable people. Turnover kills team morale and stops change. Biden's administration has been very stable.
Trump, on the other hand, had 7 Communications Directors, 4 chiefs of staff; 6 National Security Advisors, and the list goes on. He's had more forced resignations than any other modern president. Most former staffers dislike and disrespect him, quite a few will be testifying against him in his many upcoming trials. The New York Times has a great article about Trump’s turbulent staffing:
10. Joe Bid is good for the economy
Democratic presidents historically, have been better for the economy. According to ChatGBT 4 and Vanguard:
“Democratic Presidents and Market Performance: Historically, the stock market has performed well under Democratic Presidents. For instance, a study by Vanguard found that from 1853 to 2021, the average annual real return of the U.S. stock market was around 8.2% under Democratic Presidents, compared to 4.7% under Republican Presidents.”
From my experience, I remember 2008. Remember when George W inherited a budget surplus from Clinton and 8 years later we broke the world economy US citizens had to bail out the Captains of Industry? Rolling Stone has a fun article about the bailout.
What about inflation? “The United States has a lower inflation rate than other comparable countries. In March 2023, the United States had a 6% inflation rate, which was the eighth lowest among the 19 countries in the G20,” according to Google’s AI. After the worldwide pandemic, governments around the world stimulated their economies with massive cash infusions thus creating inflation.
11. Joe Biden passed the infrastructure bill to actually make America greater
This law will “repair the one-in-five miles of our roadways and more than 45,000 bridges in the United States rated as in poor condition”.
Remember Trump said he'd pass infrastructure quickly...he NEVER did. Republicans, like Tommy Tuberville, voted against it, and then took credit via tweets when it passed.
12. Joe Biden is reducing the deficit
After 8 years of George W the US/global economy collapsed and banks--BANKS--and other financial institutions needed a bailout from citizens.
13. Joe Biden is taking climate change seriously
Trump left the Paris Accord; Biden rejoined it; he also established the Office of Climate Change and Health Equity in the Department of Health and Human Services.
14. Joe Biden's creating all kinds of jobs
Biden is moving manufacturing back to America. Seems like American Capitalism went too far shipping manufacturing offshore. "The CHIPS and Science Act is a U.S. federal statute enacted by the 117th United States Congress and signed into law by President Joe Biden on August 9, 2022. The act provides roughly $280 billion in new funding to boost domestic research and manufacturing of semiconductors in the United States."
15. Joe Biden is creating clean energy jobs
Over 300K clean energy jobs created since the Inflation Reduction Act was passed. Here’s an excerpt of the clean energy jobs report you should download here:
• Clean energy jobs increased in every state and grew 3.9% nationally from 2021 to 2022.
• The number of jobs in battery electric vehicles increased by 28,366 (+27%) from 2021 to 2022, which was the fastest growth of any energy technology. The growth in battery electric vehicles was almost 17 times faster than the increase in gasoline and diesel vehicle employment.
• Clean vehicles accounted for 59% of all net new jobs in motor vehicles. • Other technologies with double-digit growth include offshore wind (20%), other grid modernization (12%), coal fuel (22%), natural gas fuel (24%), petroleum (13%), hydrogen fuel cell vehicles (25%), natural gas vehicles (14%), and plug-in hybrid vehicles (10%)…”
16. Joe Biden helped create 789,000 new manufacturing jobs
AP says, "Manufacturing jobs have climbed to their highest totals in nearly 15 years. This is the first time since the 1970s that manufacturing employment has fully recovered from a recession, expanding by 789,000 jobs since Biden took office."
17. Joe Biden supports civil rights for all Americans, not just those in his church/club
A president serves and protects ALL Americans, not just the ones belonging to your club. Over his extensive career serving this country, Joe Biden’s pushed and had approved major legislation to protect women, minorities, and the LGTB community.
18. Joe Biden is the first president to have a female vice president
OK. He wasn't the first Presidential candidate to have a female running mate. Democratic presidential candidate Walter Mondale chose Geraldine Ferraro in 1984.
19. Joe Biden increased the number of Americans with insurance by 4.4M
With the amounts of pollutants created by modern industry (microplastics ewww), health care should be a basic human right.President Biden took action to lower the cost of health care for millions of Americans.
Right now, four out of five people who sign up for health insurance through the Affordable Care Act can find health care coverage for $10 a month or less and millions of Americans on Obamacare are saving an average of $800 a year. Since he took office, there has been a combined 50 percent increase in enrollment in states that use HealthCare.gov and the nation’s uninsured rate is historically low at 8 percent. Over 16 million Americans signed up for quality, affordable health coverage, the highest number ever produced in an open enrollment period.
20. Joe Biden increased the maximum value of Pell Grants by $900
As someone who relied on Pell grants to get my college degree, I love this.
21. Joe Biden increased the minimum wage for Federal contractors to $15
This is the only way these lower end wages increase. These folks don't have anyone else advocating for them.
“The Executive Order raises the minimum wage paid by those contractors to workers performing work on or in connection with covered federal contracts to $15.00 per hour, beginning January 30, 2022; and beginning January 1, 2023, and annually thereafter, an amount determined by the Secretary of Labor (Secretary).”
22. Joe Biden achieved record low unemployment rate for people with disabilities
“In 2022, about 21 percent of people with a disability in the U.S. were employed, up from about 19 percent in 2021, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). That is the highest rate since the U.S. began tracking this statistic in 2008.”
23. Joe Biden is expanding Internet access
Internet access should be a basic right for any citizen in a modern society. Reuters: "The funding under the Broadband Equity Access and Deployment Program was authorized by the $1 trillion 2021 infrastructure law Biden championed. The spending will be based on a newly released Federal Communications Commission coverage map that details gaps in access."
24. Joe Biden signed the most significant gun violence prevention legislation in nearly 30 years
Biden signed the first major gun safety legislation in 30 years. Remember in 1994 when President Clinton signed into law an assault weapons ban that reduced the number of children murdered each year from 10 years? And then in a Republican controlled Congress under President George W. Bush, the law lapsed. Guns are the number 1 cause of death for kids and teens in the US today.
25. Joe Biden appointed an amazing Supreme court justice (Ketanji Brown Jackson)
According to facts, and CNN, “Of the 115 Supreme Court justices in US history, all but 7 have been White men.” 94% of the people who decide what’s right in the US have been white men.
According to Google’s AI, the US in 2019 was not 94% white:
White: 60.1% (Non-Hispanic)
Multiple Races: 2.8%
American Indian/Alaska Native: 0.7%
Native Hawaiian/Other Pacific Islander: 0.2%
26. Biden reduced the cost of insulin to $35 for seniors
Even Fox had to report on this. "If you’re on Medicare, your insulin will be capped at $35 a month thanks to the Inflation Reduction Act. We wanted to cut the cost of insulin for everyone—including hundreds of thousands of children with Type 1 diabetes—but Republicans voted to strike that out of the bill," Biden tweeted."
27. Joe Biden pass law to ensure Medicare beneficiaries pay $0 out of pocket for recommended adult vaccines
The Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) eliminated out-of-pocket costs as of January 1, 2023, for Medicare Part D beneficiaries who receive vaccines recommended for adults by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP).
Imaging you rely on Medicare and live on a fixed income. Your pension was lost. You just don’t have disposable income. Now imagine you no longer have to pay out of pocket for live protecting vaccines. That feels great.
28. Seniors’ out of pocket expenses at the pharmacy will be capped at $2,000 a year.
Actually, there are a lot of great money saving benefits for Medicare recipients coming in the next few years. Here’s a summary from the Medicare site.
29. Biden is helping veterans get the care they need
Republicans frequently ask when funding social programs like Head Start, "How much is that going to cost?" They don't ask about the costs of taking care of wounded soldiers after they come home. Probably cuz they don't want to pay for it. The PACT act now makes it easier to help soldiers with with toxic exposures and Veterans of the Vietnam, Gulf War, and post-9/11 eras President Biden signed into law the PACT Act – the most significant expansion of benefits and services for toxic exposed veterans in more than 30 years. This law also enables the Department of Veterans Affairs to move more quickly in the future to determine if illnesses are related to military service, and it offers critical support to survivors who were harmed by exposures. And, the law authorized 31 new clinical sites and provides VA several tools and resources to ensure effective implementation of the law.
30. Joe Biden took COVID seriously
A primary responsibility for the federal government is to protect the citizens of the country. Over a million Americans died from COVID, making it deadlier than any war we've ever fought. Trump's response was to let states handle it; Biden followed Obama's approach and had the federal organizations designed to handle a pandemic provide guidance and strategy. Over 300K American died needlessly from COVID.
31. Joe Biden is boring
How tired of you of the ongoing drama of Trump and MAGA?
32. Joe Biden is collaborative
Biden's passed more substantial legislation in his first two years in spite of the political divide because he collaborates and doesn't demonize the other side. Regardless of party, we’re all Americans…
33. Joe Biden is not stupid
Remember Trump's advice, inject bleach into our bodies?
34. Joe Biden was never found liable in a court of law of sexual abuse
35. Joe Biden has never tried to overthrow our democracy
I'm old fashioned. I think President's should not lead insurrections against their country.
36. Joe Biden hasn't been impeached...twice
For "incitement of insurrection", Trump was impeached a second time. Listen to Mitch McConnel blame Trump for the insurrection.
37. Joe Biden’s campaign chairman has never been indicted and sent to prison (Paul Manafort)
Fox News: "Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort on Thursday was sentenced to 47 months in prison after a federal jury in Virginia convicted him on eight counts of bank and tax fraud last year."
38. Joe Biden’s deputy campaign manager didn't go to jail (Rick Gates)
The former deputy chairman of Trump’s campaign pleaded guilty in February 2018 to conspiracy against the United States and lying to investigators. Gates agreed to cooperate with former Special Counsel Robert Mueller and testified as a prosecution witness against Manafort, his former business partner, and Stone. Gates was sentenced in December 2019 to 45 days in jail.
39. Joe Biden’s advisor wasn't found guilty of possessing cp and sent to jail (George Nader)
George Nader, an informal Trump adviser on foreign policy and witness in the Mueller investigation, was sentenced in June to 10 years in prison by a federal judge in Virginia. He pleaded guilty to possessing child pornography and bringing a boy to the United States for sex.
40. Joe Biden has helped over 32K projects get funded as part of the infrastructure bill
41. Joe Biden doesn't tweet crazy
Mediaite has a great list of the crazy Trump tweets. For over a decade he's broadcast his inadequacies as a person.
42. Joe Biden is not a name caller, usually
Biden isn't a big name caller, but he has choice labels for Putin: Butcher, Killer, and War Criminal. Trump called Putin "genius" after he invaded another sovereign nation, Ukraine https://www.wilsoncenter.org/blog-post/donald-trumps-north-korea-gambit-what-worked-what-didnt-and-whats-next
Calling someone names is not only childish, it doesn’t solve any problems. It only makes things worse. Biden doesn't name call much. There's a wikipedia page of some of the "nick" names Trump has used against people he hates.
43. Joe Biden is not BFFs with dictators who murder women and children
44. Joe Biden is over 80.
Joe Biden is wise. Being president isn't like playing football or digging ditches. Remember when gray hair, wrinkles, and wisdom was considered badges of honor?
45. Joe Biden agreed with Reagan; they supported 1994 Federal Assault Weapons Ban
Reagan and Biden hold similar views on guns: stricter controls are needed, and ban assault weapons. Reagan's opinion evolved after he left office.
46. Joe Biden and John McCain co-sponsored the PROTECT Our Children Act, expanding the tools to prosecute child pornography and child endangerment.
Biden sponsored a bill to define a formal strategy to protect children from abuse; it later became law and has undergone multiple revisions since reflecting the types of threats American children face.
47. Joe Biden talks and acts like an adult
48. Joe Biden's team and ex-team members do not hate him
Most people who worked for Trump would not do so again. Many say he's unfit to be president. Not so for Biden. Many of Trump’s team will be testifying against him soon.
49. Joe Biden didn't have a non-profit in his name shut down...
Trump's "charitable" foundation was found guilty of stealing from its charities and was ordered to shut down. Who steals from children?
"NEW YORK – New York Attorney General Letitia James today released the following statement after Donald J. Trump was forced to pay more than $2 million in court-ordered damages to eight different charities for illegally misusing charitable funds at the Trump Foundation for political purposes:
“Not only has the Trump Foundation shut down for its misconduct, but the president has been forced to pay $2 million for misusing charitable funds for his own political gain. Charities are not a means to an end, which is why these damages speak to the president’s abuse of power and represent a victory for not-for-profits that follow the law. Funds have finally gone where they deserve — to eight credible charities. My office will continue to fight for accountability because no one is above the law — not a businessman, not a candidate for office, and not even the president of the United States.”
50. Joe Biden’s senior advisor wasn't sent to jail for witness tampering, obstructing an official proceeding, and five counts of making false statements (Roger Stone)
51. Joe Biden’s security advisor lasted way more than a month (Michael Flynn)
Flynn, the retired Army lieutenant general served as Trump’s national security adviser for less than a month in 2017. Meet Jake Sullivan, Biden’s Security Advisor.
52. Joe Biden hasn't had 4 chiefs of staffs..who now hate him
53. Joe Biden hasn't had 5 attorney generals
54. Joe Biden’s campaign advisor wasn't convicted (George Papadopoulos)
“The former Trump campaign adviser was sentenced in September 2018 to 14 days in prison after pleading guilty in October 2017 to lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russian officials and a Maltese professor who told him the Russians had “dirt” on Clinton."
55. Joe Biden is not an interesting public speaker
Holy crap. A US president explaining golden showers
56. Joe Biden doesn’t have his nepo babies in the White House
57. Joe Biden isn't a business man
To be fair, Trump isn't either, but no one told Trump that. Government isn't a business. An actual billionaire, Michale Bloomberg, sums it up well:
“Throughout his career, Trump has left behind a well-documented record of bankruptcies, and thousands of lawsuits, and angry shareholders and contractors who feel cheated, and disillusioned customers who feel they've been ripped off…"
58. Joe Biden hasn't had 6 bankruptcies
59. Joe Biden’s CFO wasn't convicted and sent to jail for tax evasion (Allen Weisselberg)
60. Joe Biden didn't bankrupt a casino…and harm 400 employees
Mother Jones covered the damage of one Trump bankruptcy. As a casino owner, Trump was literally the HOUSE and he lost. Worse, 400 employees of the casino lost over $2M in retirement savings. What a fucker.
61. Joe Biden didn't try to sell steaks and fail
62. Joe Biden doesn’t have a 3 inch hot dog named after him
63. Joe Biden didn't try to launch an airline and fail to launch
64. He didn't ruin a football league (USFL)
65. Joe Biden didn't run a fake school that was shut down
66. Joe Biden created a diverse cabinet that's more like America of the 2020s, not 1950s
67. He's made the most diverse cabinet in history.
68. Joe Biden has been married to the same woman for 46 years
69. Joe Biden is married to an educated, classy lady
I personally think this says a lot. Only a strong, confident, successful man can marry, and stay married to a smart successful woman.
70. Joe Biden was an OK student…not the best at everything
Joe Biden is one of us! He had a "C" average overall for his four years, graduating with a class rank of 506 out of 688. Most of us did not get straight As.
71. Joe Biden received the medal of freedom
"The Presidential Medal of Freedom is the highest civilian award of the United States, alongside the Congressional Gold Medal. It is an award bestowed by decision of the president of the United States to recognize people who have made "an especially meritorious contribution to the security or national interests of the United States, world peace, cultural or other significant public or private endeavors." "
72. Joe Biden supported RBG Supreme Court nomination
He has a history of supporting strong women to join.
73. Joe Biden is the first president to join a picket line to support workers
Unions matter. How else can individual workers protect themselves? The invisible hand of the free market does not protect them.
74. Joe Biden is changing how marijuana is treated legally
In college, I delivered pizzas to drunk and stoned people. Any delivery person or bartender will tell you, stone people are much easier, safer to work with. To help remedy our country’s failed approach to marijuana, including racial disparities, the President pardoned all prior federal offenses of simple marijuana possession and urged governors to do the same. The Administration is also initiating the process to review how marijuana is scheduled under federal law. Marijuana is currently a Schedule I drug, the same classification as for heroin and LSD and even higher than for fentanyl and methamphetamine.
75. Joe Biden supports banning assault rifles
He supported the original version of the law that passed, and reduced gun violence for years. Republican's let it expire, which as increased gun deaths again. Gun violence is the number 1 killer of youth in America. What is the Republican solution? Guns, thoughts, and prayers.
76. Joe Biden has been protecting women for years
As a senator, Biden drafted the senate version of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act and the Violence Against Women Act;. The Trump congress failed to renew this important legislation because, you know.
77. Joe Biden can actually laugh...
Biden has a much better sense of humor, lack of meanness. He can actually laugh
78. Joe Biden can ride a bike
Here’s a clip of him riding a bike:
Sometimes he may fall.
79. Joe Biden can jog
I've seen Biden jog. I've never seen Trump jog.
80. Joe Biden does have a potty mouth
81. Biden hasn't had an affair with a porn star
82. Jill Biden hasn't done softcore porn; Melania has
83. Joe Biden didn't creep on underage girls getting dressed
84. Joe Biden doesn't brag about touching women's privates without their consent
You'd think Trump would have learned but NO, in the E. Jean Carroll deposition, he confirms that stars, like him, can touch women without their permission. Does your mom, wife, sister, daughter want to be groped by Trump?
85. Joe Biden's a pretty good parent--4 out of 5 ain't bad
86. Joe Biden's personal attorney wasn't convicted and sent to jail (Michael Cohen)
I don't even know Biden's attorneys. I do know about Trump's personal attorney, Michael Cohen and his three attorneys, Sidney Powell, Jenna Ellis, and Kenneth Cheesboro, who plead guilty in Georgia. And they’re now testifying against him.
87. Joe Biden wasn't BFFs with convicted pedo, groomer, and trafficker Jefferey Epstein
Biden has no connections to Epstein, who was convicted in 2008 by a Florida state court of procuring a child for prostitution and of soliciting a prostitute.
88. Joe Biden only has 1 accuser of sexual assault, not 26
89. Joe Biden idn't demand the murder of 4 young black men and 1 Latino man
90. One of his sons served honorably in the armed forces
It's not a contest, but Biden had at least one admirable child. Beau Biden.
91. Joe Biden didn’t inherit over $400M from his father and then say he's a self-made man
Biden learned about financial hardship and struggles as a young boy, which contributed to a stutter problem he later overcame. His dad was finally a successful used car salesman!
92. Joe Biden didn't fight in Vietnam
Biden, like many college kids, used the deferment route to avoid going. History shows this was probably a smart move. Nixon and Kissinger lied about the war and had disastrous policies that wasted tens of thousands of lives.
93. Joe Biden loves dogs…maybe more than Secret Service
I’m a dog lover so I’m biased. According to CNN, Biden’s dog, “Commander Biden bites another Secret Service agent, the 11th known incident.”
People that can’t love dogs are suspect to me. “Donald was not a dog fan,” ex-wife Ivana confirmed in her memoir Raising Trump, recalling his hostility to her poodle, Chappy, who would “bark at him territorially”.
94. Joe Biden has overcome significant loss and is still optimistic
95. Joe Biden doesn't play golf
96. Joe Biden was against apartheid before it was cool
In 1986 a younger Joe Biden spoke passionately against apartheid.
97. Joe Biden is gracious—he doesn’t kick someone when they’re down
You can tell a lot about someone by how he treats someone when they're down, or having health issues. Biden was generous when he said Mitch McConnell sounded like his old self when he spoke to him after a public episode where he was unable to respond to questions and his staff had to intercede.
98. Joe Biden is taking gun violence seriously; this is a real epidemic
From NPR, “President Biden is creating a new office for gun violence prevention to coordinate his administration's efforts to reduce gun violence and elevate an issue that — while stalled in Congress — remains important to Democratic activists and young voters.”
99. Joe Biden isn't a pathological liar
Even Tucker Carlson admits Trump is a "full-blown BS artist". A common comment by great talent he hired that later ran away from him is that he's a pathological liar. Trump lies constantly.
Biden has absolutely made stupid lies in his career. In 1988, he made the dumbest claims. So embarrassing. "Trump’s false or misleading claims total 30,573 over 4 years" per the Washington Post tracker.
100. Joe Biden is not Trump
He’s not like Trump, or the Republican front runners looking to be the nominee.
I wanted Elizabeth Warren or Kamala Harris in 2020 but I think Joe Biden is doing a great job. I think any poll showing Trump beating Biden isn’t realistic and reflects the anger people feel at the very real reality that they are less well off than their parents. American capitalism needs to evolve to more equitably share the success with more people and minimize the wealth divide.
Thanks for reading Some Hand Me Downs! Subscribe for free to receive new posts and support my work.